We not only apply cutting-edge technology. We create it.
Cubbit works as a distributed data center, where a swarm of individual devices, orchestrated by a coordinator super-node, cooperates to virtualize a cloud storage service.
As often happens in distributed systems, a big challenge is to gather data on usage and performance in order to monitor and improve the experience of users, as well as optimize resources in the swarm.
As a senior data engineer, you will help to collect data from different sources (coordinator database, events from devices, events from users) and build an analytics dashboard that can be used by data scientists and programmers to get insights on actionable data-based improvements and decisions.
You will need to interact with different endpoints (elastic search, relational databases, google analytics) and bring your experience in best practices in data science to enrich our dynamic startup environment.
What you will do:
- Develop automated data pipelines for the extraction, preparation, and analysis of data
- Unify different data sources into a unique endpoint for actionable analysis and visualization
- Ensure data quality and consistency; play an active role in establishing data governance around company KPIs
- Work closely with analytics team to design, build & test end-to-end solutions
What you will need:
- 2+ years experience working data-lake tools (e.g. Hadoop stack) and/or data pipelines
- Working knowledge of ElasticSearch, PostgreSQL, and Python
- Experience with Git and Docker
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies and business processes
- Experience with AWS
- Work experience in the cloud industry
- Experience with data visualization tools such as Kibana and/or Google Analytics
- Knowledge of statistical tools and/or machine learning for data analysis
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Work experience with distributed systems / IoT / peer-to-peer
- Good analytical skills to determine effective approaches to business questions
Your Profile and Mindset:
- Independent: a highly motivated self-starter who is ready to dig in, hustle, find solutions and deliver.
- Senior experience
- Data-driven: know how to digitally engage with customers, measure their responses, define KPIs to test your hypothesis, and choose a strategy.
- Methodical: be efficient in reporting to founders, or sharing findings with the team.
- Ambitious: think big, start small, scale fast. Join us in building a born global startup.
- Humble: know that you don’t know, learn from the top tier, don’t reinvent the wheel.
- A proactive participant in our culture.
- Remote work possible
- Periodic activities with the team, and everyday passion.
- An international team of top-level profiles.
Work location: Remote worldwide is welcome! Preference for CET-compatible time zones. An office is available at our headquarters (Bologna, IT) if needed.
Experience: 2+ years experience